Thursday, January 15, 2009

Geniuses are never appreciated

As I create more and more inventions that have benefited humanity and it's way of life, I increasingly realize how geniuses never get the appreciation they deserves. Let's not even just focus on me. Take George Washington Carver for example. He created over 100 recipes using peanuts and thought of over 100 products that use peanuts. If anyone could be called a genius, it's him.

What thanks does he get? First, there is a national holiday for George Washington (President's day), but not George Washington Carver. They almost have the same name! How can we rationalize giving a holiday to one and not the other? Next, everyone nowadays is starting to suffer from peanut allergies. "Sure they are," I say (note the sarcastic tone of my voice). I bet you anything that these people are just racist against George Washington Carver and are using this as an excuse to avoid peanuts. What other logical explanation is there? And don't even get me started on how everyone ignored the peanut bong, which you can see George Washington Carver testing here:


So when the fast food industry turned down my idea of frying their products with sardine oil (just think of all the health benefits of using fish oils), I can make myself feel better by looking at the example of George Washington Carver. It is the curve of being a genius that we are fated to never be appreciated, but the inventing must go on.